STAY ACTIVE, TEAM!!
We need to stay in tip-top shape so let's stay active. There's a lot of ways that we can be active and have fun. I'll keep adding activities to this page so when you have ten minutes, click here and get busy. Some of them are outside activities and some are inside so MAKE SURE YOU TELL YOUR PARENTS WHAT YOU ARE DOING BEFORE YOU DO IT!! Your parents can have a break during this time so show them how independent you are by doing this all by yourself (or with your sibling). The most important this is to HAVE FUN!!
Let's get outside with our OUTDOOR SCAVENGER HUNT!!
It's beautiful outside! Grab a bag or a basket, dress for the weather and head outside to find all the items listed below. If you like, email a picture of yourself and all the items you found to Ms. Watson (email@example.com) so we can celebrate your finds together. Great job explorer!
Check out these dynamite videos! Get ready to get fit!!
Please note these videos and materials were purchased from TPT store Cap'n Pete's Power PE and are posted here with his permission for the duration of at-home learning. These videos and materials are not to be downloaded or distributed as it will infringe copyright permissions. Thank you to Cap'n Pete for allowing us to stay fit during COVID.
WOULD YOU RATHER??
DIRECTIONS: Display video on TV, iPad, computer etc. Students have 10 seconds to choose which of the two options is their favourite and then they step to either side of the room or yard to show their choice. Then another timer appears for 30 seconds along with the exercise depending on the choice they made. There are ten slices of choices.
Fit in 20!!
There's no reason to sit around when we can be moving, staying fit and having fun. Grab your brother or sister, mom or dad and start the timer. Feel free to adapt these activities for the resources that you have in your house or yard. Make sure you crank up your favourite playlist too!
Variations for Use
Variations for Use
Fidget Spinner Fun!!
Overview & Purpose: For students to use Fidgit Spinners and Fidget Spinner PE Boards to indicate, time and perform movement and exercise activities.
- How can I perform the exercises more efficiently?
- What are the components of fitness that were used in the Fidget Spinner Board activity today?
- Fidget Spinners, enough for 1 per Spinner Board utilized- use tape to make triangles/arrows
- Laminated Fidget Spinner PE Spin Boards
- Manipulative Skill items (ropes, beanbags, scarves, PG balls, Yarn Balls, hula hoops, paddles/balls)
- Control movements/equipment in tight areas
- Students need to be in control of their bodies
- Students work at personal fitness levels
- Students can take turns (if in small groups or partners) spinning the Fidget Spinner in the middle of the board and performing the movement/exercise indicated by the fidget spinner tape arrow (indicator) or alternating spinning and performing the movement.
- The FIRST spin should be a “BABY” spin since the fidget spinners spin for a good bit of time. The other spins can be a little harder to provide adequate time in which to perform the movement.
- The spinner arrow(s) serves as the exercise/movement indicator and the fidget spinner serves as the timer for students to move and exercise to. When it spins they move. When it stops, they stop.
- If students are performing the activity by themselves, they can PACE themselves and rest when needed.
- Students can switch boards after a set time or after completion of all board movements.
- Allow for rest periods between exercises and movements
- Allow students to determine a set rep number vs suing the spinner as a timer
- Modify exercises listed to easier movements using the editable board
Super Friends Fitness Blast
Ideas for use:
- Print out the pages and adhere to different areas in your yard or home.
- Have your child rotate through the stations at a time interval appropriate for their fitness level.
- Challenge - try to add more stations OR increase the time spent at the stations as the days proceed.